Can we get our old speed back? And is that even the right way to think about faster racing? Today, we look at how to think about racing and what being fast really means in triathlon. We look at the concept of slowing down the least, how pacing plays into speed, and how sometimes going faster simply means letting go. We look at being “good sore” and how going faster can feel “easier” but comes with a catch.
- Jessie Diggins
- Oatmeal Sandwich
- Can you build Raw Speed?
- Speed as in not slowing down
- Unwinding bad habits and damage through the years
- Understanding pacing
- Tempo work as a limiter
- Going faster is “easier”
- Building chassis for strength
- V02 Max work as the gasoline
- Volume and intensity
- Letting go to run faster
- Quantity before quality
- People obsess with being “the nail”
- “But did you die?”
- What is “good sore?”
- Triathlon is combining THREE sports
- What it takes to complete all three successfully
- The mindset of a smart racer
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is still open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your next year of planning, recovering, taper, etc. The Club membership is good for 12 months from sign up. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Check out our team of awesome coaches on our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com