This might be the best group of questions we’ve had. Strategy for adding extra races. Racing yourself into shape. Going longer than planned workouts. Recognizing and anticipating stress. Understanding warm up and cool down. Racing a month after Ironman. Time training vs. Mileage for slower runners. The best time to schedule vacation during a race season. Go-to snacks.
- What’s the strategy for peppering in races between your A, B and C races?
- Racing for pacing
- Racing yourself into shape
- Is consistently adding more time and distance to your planned workouts a good thing?
- Can we toss in bonus rides?
- Calories in, calories out
- Stress in, stress out
- Anticipate your stress
- Favorite go-to snacks
- Find a routine with your food
- How would coaching benefit me for my 3rd Ironman?
- The coaching relationship
- How important is the warm up and cool down?
- How long should I strength train into the season?
- How to tackle another race right after an Ironman?
- Will Ironman Texas happen?
- Is “time” still the best way to train if I’m a slower runner, or do I need more mileage?
- The problem with mileage training
- When’s the best time to schedule vacations during race season?
- Off week after build blocks is a good time
- The most overused word
Looking for a Customized Swim analysis in our C26 Hub? Contact Somer: C26Operations@gmail.com
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is still open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your next year of planning, recovering, taper, etc. The Club membership is good for 12 months from sign up. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Check out our team of awesome coaches on our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com