This one meanders a bit, but then gets into actionable Ironman racing strategies. How physical meets mental throughout the day. When/if to turn up the bike, and how to think about your marathon. We get into training harder than you should race and how that translates into mile by mile strategy. We also talk about how to tackle your “B-Race” and why the results shouldn’t fool you. We talk about peaking at the right time, how you should feel out of the swim and off the bike, and playing the Ironman “run game.” It’s all about nailing the first 135 miles.
- Musselman talk
- Post Race Food
- The problem with “reviews”
- The year of deferrals
- Condensed racing schedules
- Assuming we’re better than we were last year
- What hurts a triathletes performance
- Pacing, nutrition, and transitions
- Practicing harder than the game
- The B-Race as a Crystal Ball??
- What will disrupt your ultimate performance
- How to race a B-Race
- Peaking at the right time
- How to Race Ironman
- When/If to push the Ironman Bike
- Running the IM Marathon
- When you’re tired and ready to get off the bike
- Caught up in your bike split?
- Acknowledging you’re not in the best shape yet
- Progressing to top shape
- The last 10 Miles of the Ironman bike
- Playing the Ironman “Run game”
- Kicking the can down the course
- How long can I delay digging deep?
- Daily the first 135 miles
- Check out our new Hub Experience/Condo Combo package deal for only $475. Limited time offer! Book directly with C26operations@gmail.com
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com