How do we find happiness in the process? A lot of triathletes have “the worst day ever” or “I’m ready for the podium” workouts, but how can we gravitate more towards the middle? How do we leave our brain behind and have fun and satisfaction from doing the work? Today, we dive into training to get better without focusing on the end results and numbers. We’re all putting together a puzzle and there’s a lot of power in seeing the beauty in a new picture every day, even if it isn’t quite finished. Also, when to ramp up load, putting on blinders, and when you should skip workouts.
- Possibility Training
- 4100 for 41
- Endless Pool - Swimming Comparison
- Finding your nugget
- How do you engage with what you’re doing?
- Appropriately Challenging
- 100 Days of Running
- Load me up Coach
- Having Restraint
- Small Ball in Triathlon Training
- A Chronic Problem for Triathletes
- When you should ramp up Load
- The signs of Good Training
- How do you really work at getting better?
- Progress Equals Happiness
- Time Lapse Puzzle Analogy
- All the pieces matter
- Every day is an exciting new picture
- The joy in discovery
- “I like where this is headed”
- Don’t go on vacation from your goals
- Put your blinders on
- “The best trainer I’ve ever had”
- Leave your brain at home
- Crappy and Great days are the outliers
- This is about having fun with your life
- Do you HAVE TO get your workout in?
- Skip a workout!
- Training lessons from Yelp!
- Check out our new Hub Experience/Condo Combo package deal for only $475. Limited time offer! Book directly with C26operations@gmail.com
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org