Are you at peace with your training/racing efforts, or is something holding you back? Today, we get into flirting with the fringe to explore your limits. We talk about real ways to get faster in this sport and where that process starts. We talk about tempo and interval work and how to understand your effort from Z2 through 100% and why it’s so important to push yourself in the swim and bike. We explain accumulated fatigue, how it feels and why it’s working. And finally, we explore delusional contentment.
- Chattanooga cools off
- “We’re back” to training
- Digging Deep
- When we forget this sport is hard
- Long Grinding Swims, Bikes, or Runs
- Uncomfortable tempo workouts
- Most athletes under train the swim
- Recognizing your pitfalls, weaknesses and fears
- Just keep spinning
- Mixing cadence on the bike
- How to build speed and power on the bike
- Understanding 100% vs. 70 or 80% effort
- Obsession with day to day or week to week improvement
- Accumulated Fatigue and how it works
- The intent is to Do Your Best
- Why are you so afraid to bonk?
- Fear of being uncomfortable
- Walking on the run
- How life translates to pushing it in races
- What’s a real obstacle and what’s not?
- When racing is our escape
- Ignoring vs. Obsessing
- Thinking things into being worse
- Taper Phantom Pains
- Re-directing thought patterns
- Don’t Think About It
- What is Contentment?
- Are you at peace with your training or racing effort?
- Check out our new Hub Experience/Condo Combo package deal for only $475. Limited time offer! Book directly with C26operations@gmail.com
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com