If you're racing Ironman 70.3 Ohio, this interview with Race Director, Ken Hammond, is a must listen. From the multiple transition set up to swim changes to insights on wind, water temperature, and nailing the run. He genuinely captivated us with inside information about the high standards and practices Ironman uses to make their races enjoyable, safe, and rewarding for a community.
- The painstaking lengths IM goes to for a safe bike course
- How a Police Officer helped improve the bike course
- Navigating Multiple Transitions
- What to do with your Tire Pump
- How and Why The Swim Course Has Changed
- Inside The Politics of Host Communities
- What happened to Ironman 70.3 Syracuse?
- Why he thinks Ohio 70.3 has a great future
- How Ironman sets limits on number of participants
- Behind the scenes of planning for unexpected weather
- The sleeper hills on the run course
- Where spectators can get a great view of the finish
- Do Pros help draw triathletes to race?
- How to best enjoy your race experience
Coach Robbie and Mike, along with 12 or so Crushing Iron coached athletes will be at Ohio 70.3 this year so please say hi if you see them around.
Looking for a fun weekend of training and meeting awesome people? Check out our 2019 Camp Schedule here.
If you enjoy the Crushing Iron podcast, you can support us with a direct pledge here. Thanks for listening!
Please subscribe to Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron