Squadcasts are ongoing series of interviews with the C26 Athletes. Traditional Crushing Iron Podcasts will continue to release on Monday and Thursday every week.
Imagine being on stage with a panel of judges picking apart every flaw of your body. Erika Jurkowski was there and hated not only that, but the lifestyle. She was bringing her own meals to dinner parties and eating out of Tupperware while everyone else feasted. She wanted to have fun again, so she dove into triathlon with the same passion as bodybuilding. She recently finished Ironman Louisville and today she tells her story on the C26 Squadcast.
- The challenge that changed her life
- Why body building made her start to hate herself
- Going from 500 calories a day to 500 on a long bike ride
- Fear of the Swim
- What convinced her to leave body building
- From figuring out how to swim to signing up to a Half
- Was she more nervous for a Sprint or Ironman?
- How her lifestyle set her up for the fast track to Ironman
- Her post-Ironman struggles
- What's next?
- The emotional roller coaster of the journey.
- Her favorite part of training for an Ironman
If you like the Crushing Iron podcast, you can support us here. Thanks for listening!
Please subscribe to Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com