If you know you can finish a long workout, but it will shell you for the next week, why would you do it? Today, it’s about reality checks and truly feeling happy and healthy with triathlon. It’s about fitting triathlon into your life, not the other way around. We all have so many pressures and distractions, how do we balance it all, especially with a big race on the horizon. We talk about respecting your time, closing your inner circle, and putting things that matter first. We look at the realization that we’re all flawed and sometimes we have to let go.
- When coaches feel like the mother of the bride
- Humidity, dew point, and freaking out
- Power Bars and Podiums
- Prisoners of the moment
- Sweat rate and water
- This is the hottest and hardest time of the year
- People are overwhelmed
- Understand triathlon’s place in your world
- Failure to hydrate and fuel
- Digging out from a hole
- What to do when you start to panic
- Respecting your time!
- You can’t do everything
- Energy going to wasteful places
- Closing your inner circle
- Anxious about things we can’t control
- Hey, this seems like a good thing, let’s do it!
- Aiming low
- Don’t work life into your training
- Realizing you’re flawed
- Give someone else the power
- Feeling good and healthy
- Life is hard!
- Happy and Positive = Fast
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com