Today Mike and Robbie talk about mistakes they made in Ohio and more importantly, what they learned. Even bad races can be success stories if you learn and use that to become better at racing. We talk about pre-race nerves, pacing, how the swim impacts your bike, what endurance means when it comes to discomfort. Also, how deep can you dig and are you willing to make changes to get better. You shouldn’t always have to depend on adrenaline… today it’s about getting faster and making races feel easier.
- Mike’s coaching
- Short Ironman Builds
- What you want more than anything from a race
- If you’re super confident, you are probably overtrained
- Mike and Robbie Reflect on their Racing at Ohio
- Pre-Race Nerves
- The one perfect race we always chase
- Success vs. Learning
- Mike and pacing
- De-briefing from your race
- What’s next questions after racing
- Your Athlete Cycle
- The only way you can truly have a bad race
- The right questions to ask yourself
- How Deep can you Dig?
- Enduring discomfort
- Ironman pace in your 70.3
- Prisoners of the moment
- 80/20 - 90/10
- When your swim beats up your bike
- The Swim MATTERS
- Mindset at mile 80 of the bike and what that means for your run
- Improvement is about being honest with yourself
- Rushing Aid Stations
- Are you willing to make changes?
- Realistic and Honest
- Check out our new Hub Experience/Condo Combo package deal for only $475. Limited time offer! Book directly with C26operations@gmail.com
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org