The nuances can make or break your race. Today, we get into what to look for, how to think about it, and fix it, often times on the fly. We look at why Ironman is such a difficult race to perfect from an effort and nutritional perspective. We look at how recognize warning signs, how to adjust, and how to come back to baseline before our race goes to hell.
- Ironman Coeur d'Alene was tough for AG’s and Pros
- Lionel Sanders and Sam Long at it again
- 70.3 vs. Ironman
- Nutrition in a Full
- Plan A, B and C
- Making Mistakes and Correcting them in race
- Fitness vs. Nutrition
- How to Practice Nutrition correctly
- Why Races can go wrong
- Building Up for your Race
- What to do when you can’t run
- Expecting and knowing that bad things will happen
- Adjusting on the fly
- Zone 4 Lungs and Zone 2 Legs
- You’d better know what heat feels like
- When HR is jumping out of your chest
- The 5 minute bike test
- Swim Fitness
- Paying attention to how you feel
- In Race Recovery
- Dumb Trainers vs. Smart Trainers
- Don’t force feed power or effort
- Check out our new Hub Experience/Condo Combo package deal for only $475. Limited time offer! Book directly with C26operations@gmail.com
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org