It was a massive weekend in Chattanooga and at the C26 Hub. We had fifty people racing and hundreds stopped in to say hi. Today, we reflect on Chattanooga 70.3 with a pretty intense reminder of how tough racing can be. We critique the swim start a bit and discuss how unfortunate it was to have the first cyclist in and last cyclist out so close together. We look at racing mistakes and how to work on them. And generally get into the principle of how race day means being ready to dig deep.
- We’re out of “spectator shape”
- This race felt back to normal
- Swim start critique
- Did you underestimate the swim?
- Were you diligent in cooling yourself all day?
- When nutrition is overrated
- Making smart decisions on the move
- The number one way to beat the heat
- Shout out to the chill people race morning and the volunteers
- We knew it was a slow swim as soon as we saw the water
- People forget how hard triathlon is
- Good wake up call race
- We need to practice digging deep
- When you should try to “blow up”
- How cycling training translates to the race
- Don’t assume anything . . . racing is unpredictable
- Are you sure you over-biked?
- It’s all about your mindset
- What if you had to use a new bike on race day?
- Learn from your race and practice
- Check out our new Hub Experience/Condo Combo package deal for only $475. Limited time offer! Book directly with C26operations@gmail.com
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org