Strategy for attacking a 70.3 has changed a bit over the years with more and more people “racing” it from the opening gun. Today we look at the “strategy within the strategy” to give you the best chance at nailing your next 70.3. We look at race week, pre-race warm up, and everything in race. When to lay back and when to get on the offensive. How to handle your custom taper. Smooth and uneventful transitions. And especially, how to not come out too hot on the run.
- Do you “over-rest” before your 70.3?
- 70.3 vs. 140.6 mentality
- Seconds and minutes matter in a 70.3
- Racing 70.3s is relative based on your experience
- How your taper should line up with the overall amount of training
- The pace at which we shed fatigue
- Taper doesn’t mean everything should be easy
- Ultimately the day-to-day of taper is up to you
- Race week eating
- Stick with what you know
- Get in the water before the race
- Ride your bike to make sure it’s working
- Di2 issues
- Feel all three sports on site if possible
- Where you should practice swim as it relates to the course
- Race morning - get the HR up
- When to put on your wetsuit
- Swim your potential, bike smart, run like hell
- Swimming on the offensive
- Exiting the water
- Transitions: Smooth is Fast
- Getting on the bike
- Important tips for T2
- How to start the run
- Coming out too hot and how to prevent that
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org