From the great pyramids to tennis to softball to yes, triathlon . . . Today, we talk about ways to fall in love with little wins in training, find consistency, and look at your life in 10 minute segments. The power of hills and building strength. How to embrace “boring” and how to break outside stimulation. Modern day thought vs. Old School. And getting rid of rabbit holes in your life. The Club Plan is still available at c26triathlon.com
- Mike and Robbie’s gift exchange
- Mike was in Nashville for Christmas
- Getting a head start on the new year
- Searching for hills and elevation
- Keep feeding yourself the things you love
- Fitness follows a plan you enjoy
- Don’t come out of gate hot on Jan 1
- Are you married to speed and high cadence?
- Importance of strength in long course racing
- Putting up the mileage and building good base
- Embracing “boring”
- Do you find training boring?
- Recovery days from devices
- Do you need the external stimulation?
- Trying to be “what we were” too soon
- Looking back at your best fitness and where that came from
- What REALLY gets us to our end goal?
- 2019 shape probably happened in 2018
- Normal and consistent IS the process
- Living with anxiety
- Owning the “little things” in training
- How training translates to races
- Adding sauce to your Z2 work
- Why focusing too hard is counter productive
- Trusting yourself to let go
- How the ego effects performance
- Athletes that just LOVE to work
- Matching the desire with your best ability
- Finding that training groove
- How recovery work can save that groove
- Sacrifice as few 10 minute segments of your day as possible
- The perils of training too hard
- Building of the pyramids
- Modern day vs. Old School thought
- Letting go of rabbit holes
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org