There’s a time and place for being serious, but most of us tend to train and race better when we’re relaxed and coming from a place of gratitude. Today we talk about how to race and train “free.” We look at the difference between intensity and focus, and ways to embrace the unknown. Have you ever found your happy place on the run? Can you get off the bike with a fuller tank? Also, what setting A, B, and C goals for your race looks like.
- Finding a love to explore
- Why laughter may be the key to your training
- Does LOL on text really mean you’re laughing out loud?
- Laughter as a mood shifter
- The impact of our isolation on training
- When life is hard, people need people
- Taking ourselves too seriously
- Drawbacks of perfectionism
- Lack of nuance in communication
- Loops of seriousness and training baggage
- The weight of the world
- Added intensity means added stress
- Focus vs. Intensity
- Do your expectations include being healthy?
- Perfectly adhering to the plan even if it’s misery
- This is supposed to be something you LOVE
- Addiction to the outcome of your favorite team
- What do you WANT right now
- Stop while you’re ahead mentality
- Today isn’t race day
- Falling in the same traps
- Taking your perspective seriously
- Too much internalization with training
- Days off that turn into months
- Embracing the unknown
- Are your goals selling yourself short?
- Detaching from numbers
- Would you rather know or not know your race result in advance?
- Overanalyzing the steps
- Setting A, B, and C goals for the same race
- The power in the mystery of not comparing
- Being committed to loving and doing it . . .
- What still bugs Robbie about his racing
- Also, why Robbie is insanely grateful
- Getting off the bike with a fuller tank
- Can you find happiness on the run?
- What you should be thinking 5 minutes into the swim
- Practicing enjoyment and happiness
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com