"I had GI issues" might be one of the most commonly uttered phrases in triathlon, but why does it keep popping up? Probably because we don't train enough to our NUTRITION and HYDRATION. We hate to say it, but Nutrition takes practice and there are hundreds of variables, like did you have spicy food and 3 margaritas last night? Today, we give you some better ways to keep your energy and stomach solid on the way to a great race.
If you enjoy the Crushing Iron podcast, you can support us with a direct one time pledge here.
- From Kuwait to Chattanooga
- Liquid vs solid nutrition on the bike? Benefits of each?
- How do you experiment with nutrition throughout training?
- Is there a good way to calculate liquid needs in training to thread the needle between over/under hydrating?
- How to train for a race that is no where close to the conditions you have to train in? (IE a hilly course when you live someplace with no hill access. Training for heat in a cooler climate)
- Any opinions on the newest IM run training trend that’s sweeping the nation, 10-17?
- Is your heart rate monitor slowing you down?
- Would you ever consider trying to start your own triathlon event?
- "Should I or shouldn't I do this race?"... what factors do you recommend taking into consideration?
Coach Robbie and Mike, along with 12 or so Crushing Iron coached athletes will be at Ohio 70.3 this year so please say hi if you see them around.
Looking for a fun weekend of training and meeting awesome people? Check out our 2019 Camp Schedule here.
If you enjoy the Crushing Iron podcast, you can support us with a direct pledge here. Thanks for listening!
Please subscribe to Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron