Buckle up for another hour of triathlon training talk with the one and only Steve Delmonte of Delmo Sports.
He puts on multiple races a season around New Jersey and receives high praise from athletes for a great experience. He doesn't hold back and gives a great perspective that can help many of us find our true "WHY."
Please subscribe to Crushing Iron on iTunes if you haven't already and we'd love it is you like this one enough to share with training friends.
Some of today's topics:
- Why He Thinks Pool Triathlons Can Grow The Sport
- Triathlon For Women Only
- Special Announcement from C26 Triathlon and Delmo Sports about Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City
- What Motivates Triathletes
- Technology in the Triathlon
- Pro Triathletes and Why It Doesn’t Move The Needle
- What it’s Like Picking Up New Events
- How Lance Armstrong Would Have Changed Triathlon
- The Pitfalls of Attaching Triathlon to Your Identity
- Why Crushing Iron is His Favorite Triathlon Podcast
- Penalty Talk - What’s on the official’s mind— when officials should look the other way
- Logistics of Launching a New Race… road closures… certain dates
- Shutting down Intersections
- What do athletes miss before, during and after races that Race Director’s wish they would pay attention too?
- Why are all the great open water swimming events on the East Coast on the same weekend??? Escape the Cape, Eagleman and the Great Chesapeake Bay 4.4 miler.
- As he adds events, does he worry about becoming stretched too thin and losing some of what makes his races/brand special
- Ironman AC 140.6 June 2019?
- Do you ever analyze areas of bigger opportunity outside of NJ?
- Why he doesn't offer discount codes for races
Part one with Steve Delmonte
Part two with Steve Delmonte
If you enjoy the Crushing Iron podcast, you can support us with a direct pledge here. Thanks for listening!
Please subscribe to Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com