The pre-race taper is one of the most confusing parts of triathlon. A lot of us make the mistake of calling it "rest" but it really should be a strategic one, two, or three week approach to fine tuning your muscles and mind. Today, we go deep into tapering philosophy to give you some good food for thought based on your fitness level, PLUS, tell you about the new Crushing Iron Training Plans and how you can get a 30% discount.
- How long should your taper be for a Sprint, Olympic, Half, or Full?
- How long should your workouts be during race week
- How to handle the day before the race
- Why your fitness level should determine "how" you taper
- Why losing intensity during your taper is a huge mistake
- Why you should never say "I'm training through my 'B' race"
Please subscribe and comment on iTunes.
Email us questions at CrushingIron@gmail.com