We tend to forget how tough early season races are, and after a big layoff the conditions can really get in our heads. We judge our results too hard and forget who we really are. Today we talk about how to approach your race from the morning through the end of the run. We get into heat, core temp, and a concept called “racing on the defensive.” We also talk about metrics and data obsession and how it can lead you into a dark place. What are you searching for in this sport? Is your fastest race still in you?
- New swim start for Chattanoogas 70.3
- Chatt 70.3 participant list around 3,000
- Ironman loading up the races
- Crowded courses
- Racing is just like training, but . . .
- Staying “in the middle” after racing
- Being hot on the run starts when you wake up
- Once you get overheated, it’s over
- TSS score myths
- Core temperature and RPE on hot days
- Trying to get “cold” on the course
- Chill before the run
- You have to have the energy and rest before you can be resilient
- How tough are you?
- Is your fastest race still in you?
- Racing on the Defensive
- Obsessing about metrics and data
- What are you searching for?
- Mentally opening the door to pain
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org