Peaking, Burning Matches, Taper, Open Water Swimming.
More great questions from listeners, including how close together can an athlete burn matches on races? We look at peak training, what it means and what it should feel like going into taper. A deeper look into the theory of taper and if you need less or more. Older athlete discussion involving strength and speed vs. endurance. We also dive deep into open water swimming and how to prepare for the conditions in a pool.
- Coaching collides with training
- Old Man Kickball
- Burning matches back to back?
- Wet matches don’t burn as hot
- 6-10 weeks of peak training per year
- Simmer to Boil
- What exactly is Peaking?
- Peak drag
- Taper theory
- Don’t remove intensity in taper
- Aging up strategies
- Older athletes - Strength and speed vs. Endurance
- Prepping for an ocean swim without an ocean
- Lake swims vs. ocean
- What strong swimming means
- Open water vs. the pool and how to compensate
- Stay straighter in open water
- Anaerobic benefits of swimming
- Swim and Bike impact on the run
- Swimming is mandatory!
Mike Tarrolly - CrushingIron@gmail.com
Robbie Bruce - C26Coach@gmail.com