Please support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon and help us grow!
Coach Robbie always says, "Hills are good for the flats and hills, flats are only good for flats." Hills don't build up mileage, but they build elevation and your body. Today we give you some good inspiration to take the long way home by putting more hills (or hill repeats) into your workouts.
In Today's Podcast
- 2000 feet in straight up hill repeats
- How to wrap your mind around hill training to make it more enjoyable
- Why you should be running for time, not mileage
- Making your easy days easy and your hard days hard (mentally and physically)
- Hill training for strength
- When in doubt, take the hillier route
- Hills and cycling
- Why hills can mean less stress on your body
- A hill correlation to swimming
- Will Mike Do Muncie?
- Coach Robbie's swim analysis
- Mark Spitz talk
If you heard and liked episode #59 with Brad Stulberg, co-author of Peak Performance, click this link for pre-order and some cool giveaway offers.
Please subscribe and comment on iTunes