Mike takes us inside his Ironman Chattanooga training with some unique admissions. Plus, why training in the heat can get in our heads so much. Reasons why you start to doubt yourself as the race gets closer and how to shift perspective. Eating, training, and losing weight as your training volume increases. Race weight. What to eat the two days before your race. Frodeno vs. Sanders in an epic clash? And Speaking of Clash…for some reason, Challenge Daytona changes their brand.
- Coach Mike talks about his training for Ironman Chattanooga
- When you feel like you’re behind the 8 Ball
- When Reality Sets in
- Swimming in outside pools
- Outside runs, rides and recovery
- Tired after longer sessions?
- The raising level of uncertainty
- Tired Decision making
- Hungry decision making
- Having a short memory in training
- Sugar shakes
- Training Peaks “peak performances”
- Put THIS in your race bag for strong mentality
- Fighting and clawing to get to our minimum performance
- How to set your race power using multiple workouts
- Eating, Training, and losing weight
- The time on the clock vs. the number on the scale
- The hunt and peck eater vs. the gorger
- Happy mediums vs. Extremes
- Carb loads
- The day before race breakfast
- Out of sight out of mind?
- “I’m just gonna start Monday”
- “5 easy ways to break the hack habit”
- Challenge rebrands to “Clash”
- Frodeno vs. Sanders
- Bill’s Triathlon
- Check out our new Hub Experience/Condo Combo package deal for only $475. Limited time offer! Book directly with C26operations@gmail.com
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com