Sooner or later, your top priority will be your health. Don't take it for granted.
Today starts with a question from the group on how to get out of a funk. We hear that a lot and today we get into the best ways to make make this sport something you really look forward to. We talk about the dangers of setting expectations and focusing on the “fast” part of endurance racing. We look at the “I can’t wait to…” endless cycle of getting out of the moment. We talk about what will truly get you to the start line with confidence. Choose to be present and energized for what comes today. And Just. Get. Healthy.
- Check out our Ironman Chattanooga preview - Episode #515
- How to get out of a funk
- Goal Setting
- Energized and Motivated
- Setting Expectations
- Why set expectations?
- “I can’t wait to”
- Most athletes have no business setting time goals
- Short term health goals
- Just. Get. Healthy.
- Choosing to be present
- Choosing your own quality time
- Fast is the “glitzy” part
- It’s all about health and strength
- Taking your wins
- Confident and content going into a race
- Turnovers - Trying to do something you’re not capable of
- More intimidated by the work you haven’t done than the race
- When you “can’t wait” to get to a simple workout
- Winning is Daily
- Don’t crush yourself for one day of training
- Make a commitment today
- Wisconsin Camp and Race Plan combo
Mike Tarrolly - CrushingIron@gmail.com
Robbie Bruce - C26Coach@gmail.com