Races can unfold as a series of flight or fight episodes, so how will you deal? Not giving too much, but not giving too little is a fine line, so it’s good to know your body, mind, and understand effort. Today, we look at how to approach a race, how training should line up, and how you can mentally approach the day for your best performance. Did you really give it your all . . . or did you back down?
- Oceanside prediction re-cap
- Jackson Laundry
- chipping away - you never really know
- race differences
- the difficulty of early season races
- we forget how hard racing is
- how do you know what your best performance is?
- dusting the rust off
- going to the hurt locker
- not the best biker or runner.. the best triathlete
- patience is confidence
- the race is the whole package
- it’s easy to feel confident if you don’t have to prove it
- seized up in the moment
- where’s the edge? not too much not too little
- Are you proud of yourself when you finish?
- Did you really give it your all or back down?
- Going for 80% and being 100% at that
- Only YOU know how much you have left
- Not going for it when you feel great
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com