We start with some big changes in Kona and St. George. Then we get into the last weeks before a ton of Fall Races…. What should you be working on, thinking about, and not thinking about? Is there still time to get faster? Should you work on your run or bike or swim more? How does it balance? Are you practicing to be good at “slow?” How long should you run before the Ironman? How long should your taper be? And are you prepared mentally to handle the inevitable pain?
- Fat Caliper
- Kona Moves
- St. George back to back Worlds
- Auto births for Olympians
- Kona Slot Backlog
- Mike’s 5 1/2 week focus to Chattanooga
- Best time of the year to work on running?
- Not all months are created equally
- How often do you need to Run Long?
- Short Taper
- Your taper should reflect your work
- Why the swim and bike helps your run
- How far should you run before Ironman?
- Understanding deep fatigue
- Athletes tend to forget about the “fast” part
- When we “practice” our slow mile pace
- Dry needling
- Biking your ability
- You got what you got
- The point is to finish as fast as you can
- How do you handle the PAIN?
- Big Problem of your race
- You don’t sign up to hit the “off switch”
- Pain vs. Discomfort
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com