We start by looking at our “big” training weekends and what we learned. It turns into an interesting discussion about energy expenditure during a race and when to cash in your energy chips. We look at how digging deep teaches you to be a better racer, how to measure and understand your run economy, and how most people spend money (energy) on the bike that they don’t have.
- IMTX - The Heat is On
- Mike and Robbie’s big training weekends
- Burnt Biscuits for Robbie
- Mike’s “longest” ride since IMCHATT
- Do we lose strength or aerobic?
- Energy expenditure
- The double edged sword of coaching
- Inside Burn Out
- Strides, High Cadence, Big Gear
- More energy to go to the same pace
- Run Economy
- You have finite energy to burn in a race
- What drains the battery faster?
- Understanding the size of your tank
- Knowing the effort you can hold
- Training Experiment
- What are we getting in return for the effort?
- Cashing your race out slowly
- Choosing when to spend energy
- Bankrupt by the run
- Put your Ego Aside
- Spending bike money you don’t have
Buy C26 Gear Here: https://c26triathlon.com/c26-store/
Check out our coaches: https://c26triathlon.com/meet-the-coaches/
Mike Tarrolly: CrushingIron@gmail.com
Robbie Bruce: C26Coach@gmail.com