How much are you learning during training? Today we talk about the connection between training and racing.
We really get into race execution and strategy and how workouts should prepare you to make the best decisions when it matters. Are you a trainer or gamer? The most “trained up” don’t necessarily make the best tracers. It’s all about execution on the race course. How will what you’re doing now affect you later? Both in training and racing. We also look at 3 types of training athletes and break down the type of athlete that races the best.
- Swim Starts
- Run warm up when it’s hot
- Caffeine and Heart Rate
- Brick Workouts
- High HR at the bike start
- High HR off the bike
- Different Heart Rate Circumstances
- Systems checks on the daily
- Practice slow brick starts
- Difference between Pros and Age Groupers
- Is what I’m doing now gonna let me do X, Y, Z in the future?
- Great time of the year to plan
- Realistic Tri Calc entries
- Old People Golfing
- Fast Mistakes
- People want to talk about data more than execution
- Sprints and Olys can be more forgiving
- Long Course Racing - You don’t get a pass
- Execute a session to your ability
- Trainer Not a Gamer
- Racing is a work of art
- How much are you learning in training?
- Great indicator of thoughtfulness in training
- 3 Types of Training Athletes
- Hope isn’t a strategy
- The type of Athlete that races well
- Be in the moment
Mike Tarrolly - CrushingIron@gmail.com
Robbie Bruce - C26Coach@gmail.com