We just finished our first C26 Triathlon Camp and it fueled a lively discussion about training, racing, and living life to the fullest. We cover a lot of ground including how we're training for Ironman Louisville, but the overall theme of this podcast is how to train and race in ways that keep you healthy and happy. We talk about building and adapting your philosophies surrounding how you train and who you train with. Here are some bullet points from today's podcast:
- running hills vs. flats
- bike trainer vs riding on the roads
- training in a group vs flying solo
- how to prevent your body from collapsing into a walk (on the run)
- It’s not how to go the fastest, it’s how to slow down the least
- Easing your way into the sport despite what your friends want you to do
- How to learn more about yourself off the course than on by reshaping your perspective.
- Why healthy and happy is the most important part of triathlon
- Can you smile when your crank falls off?
- Getting rid of excuses
- Committing to Consistency
- More Camps on the way
- Getting Clear with Fixing Your Swim
Follow Crushing Iron on iTunes for these podcasts and Crushing Iron on YouTube for DAILY VIDEO UPDATES on Mike and Robbie's journey: "100 Days to Louisville"
If you want to fix your swim, email C26Coach@gmail.com to learn more about personalized swim analysis, no matter where you live.
If you like the Crushing Iron podcast, you can support us here. Thanks for listening!
Please subscribe to Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com