If you like the podcast, please help us make it even better by supporting C26 Triathlon on Patreon.
We posted this question in our closed Crushing Iron Facebook group and it got a ton of comments: Can you go from Couch to Ironman in 16 Weeks? Obviously it depends on where the person is in their life and what they've done before, but we think having a shorter, more focused window can actually be a benefit. This will also translate if you're doing a shorter race and think you've run out of time. You probably haven't.
- He qualified for Ironman 70.3 Worlds in his first triathlon
- What your coach should be doing for you
- When to prioritize friends and family
- When to prioritize training
- Why you should take more days off from training
- Secretive coaching
- Listener texts as examples of progress
- Why mountain bike training matters
- Why people fade away at the wrong time when they do late season races
- When is the best time to turn up the training for your Ironman
- Throwing out "excuse crumbs"
- The best way to go from couch to Ironman
- Plus, an example of how a C26 athlete finished an Ironman with 5 weeks of training
For information on our C26 Training Camp in Nashville July 13-16 email: C26Coach@gmail.com
Please subscribe on iTunes
Questions and comments: CrushingIron@gmail.com