Racing should feel like “business” as usual so it's up to us to create race situations ahead of time. Today we get into the differences between training indoors and outdoors, why swimming matters for the bike, and responding to race adversity. Triathlon is about energy expenditure and so many little things go into your race, including stress, and upper body fatigue. Paper Tigers tend to roll over when faced with unexpected challenges.The way we respond to life and racing is ultimately on us.
- Training in the North
- Hysteria and nonsense in Social Media Race Groups
- A million answers for the same question
- Is Billy really a carpenter?
- Panic Rooms
- Seasons Change
- Our best shape of the year
- The impact weather conditions have on training
- Lower watts indoors
- Not all power is created equally
- First outdoor ride
- “I’m Done. I’m over it.”
- The difference between trainer and outdoors
- Why swimming matters for your cycling
- Upper body fatigue
- Arms and Cycling
- Upper body tension
- It’s all about energy expenditure
- Stress is Stress
- Energy expenditure is energy expenditure
- Racing should feel like business as usual
- Responding to adversity
- The way we respond is on US!
- 1/2 aero
- Broken Aero bars
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is still open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your next year of planning, recovering, taper, etc. The Club membership is good for 12 months from sign up. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Check out our team of awesome coaches on our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com