Being strong, fast and relaxed on the bike takes work, but today we give you some great off-season fuel to build your bike confidence and be faster in your next race. We look at calibrating your feel, working big gears and cadence and why it's good to make yourself a little uncomfortable in training. We help you build your base so you can handle the training and look into ways to be a better at handling and gearing. And finally the best ways to be strong in aero.
- Swim lane pet peeves (intro)
- The last thing triathletes want to hear about cycling
- What every athlete needs more of
- Intensity without base
- Testing - How big is your base?
- Getting perspective of who you are
- A good barometer in cycling
- Calibrating your feel
- Riding efficiency
- Big gear work and full pedal stroke
- Gearing up
- Learn Slow
- Getting a handle on shifting
- Cycling like you’re playing chess
- Playing with power and cadence
- Finding Sweet spots
- Sitting up vs. Aero
- Power in aero
- Relaxing on the bike
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is still open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your next year of planning, recovering, taper, etc. The Club membership is good for 12 months from sign up. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com