Finally, we welcome Ironman Chattanooga to our home town. Today we take you from the anxious moments pre-swim, through tactics for getting through the very hilly run. We look at the bike course and how you should manage your day with the rollers and sneaky pinch hills. We also talk about wetsuits, swimming in a river, and how to beat anxiety. Sneaky sections of the run and how they can blow you up if you’re not careful. All you need to know about racing Ironman Chattanooga, along with some spectator tips.
- Note: We will have new gear on hand at the C26 Hub from 1-5 on Friday
- Chilly in Chattanooga
- Be who you are
- Mike is relaxed?
- That Ironman is in town setting up feeling
- When do you calm down?
- Be Grateful that you can Do This
- Swim current
- When to get in the water
- Anxiety remedies
- Temperature, Humidity and wetsuits
- The best way to swim the river
- Let the current work for you
- Transition talk
- Bike - Rough First few miles
- Build in your later
- Rollers and pinchers
- When the mind starts to wander
- You are ready to get off the bike
- Run - Don’t bust your run on mile 1
- Amnicola Highway Running
- Greenway - A pincher to know about
- Once you hit Veterans Bridge, there’s no more flat
- Running Barton and the north shore
- Spectating secrets
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is still open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your next year of planning, recovering, taper, etc. The Club membership is good for 12 months from sign up. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com