We live in Chattanooga and have done this race many times. This weekend, especially with the heat, it’s all about pacing and fueling. Overdoing the bike could cost you dearly on the run. We get into fueling and cooling strategy, how to know if and when you’re ready to push the bike/run. We talk about the hills, the flats, how to approach a downstream “long” swim, and critical run information that could make or break your race. Can’t wait to see you all in Chattanooga!
- Follow us on Instagram: C26_Triathlon
- Come see us at the C26 Hub in Chattanooga
- Whatever happens, stick with it
- Swim Start Walk - What to pay attention to
- Fueling Pre-swim
- When to put on your wetsuit
- Strategy for Swim
- When and where to strip wetsuit
- T1 - Long-ish Run. Be purposeful but patient
- Bike mounting tips
- Watch your water bottles
- First 5 miles of bike course can be rough
- First 25 mile strategy
- The “Big” hill
- Last 25 miles
- Climb at Mile 45 and fast descent
- When to push the bike
- Pacing and fueling the bike and run
- Always know where your effort level is
- Aid station chaos and why you may want to carry
- First big hill out of T2
- Rolling hot roads
- Greenway thoughts
- Bridge number one
- Pedestrian bridge
- When to Let it Rip on the run
- Check out our new Hub Experience/Condo Combo package deal for only $475. Limited time offer! Book directly with C26operations@gmail.com
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org