Today we opened up to athletes in our Crushing Iron Facebook Group. Some great questions, including: How to look at and manage taper, including diet. Power in aero vs. standing up and what to look for. Understanding Effort over Pace in swim, bike, and run. Training in Gray Zones. How to progress through a 70.3. Improving speed over the years. Balancing power, pace, and the course. And beating burnout.
- C26 Hub Grand Opening at Chattanooga 70.3
- Ironman Chattanooga Training Weekend
- Talk about the Taper
- Looking at taper as peaking
- Aero position on the bike
- Power difference between sitting up and aero
- Why to train aero on hills
- Training at 1/2 marathon pace
- Pace vs. Effort
- Training in the Gray Zone
- Zone 2, 3, and 4
- Tattoo Analogy
- Progression through a 70.3
- Racing on an “effort scale”
- How to run the Ironman Marathon
- Racing when undertrained
- Bike cleats and power??
- Improving speed over the years
- Being blindsided by improvements
- Belief . . . and getting your mind out of the way
- Swim PACE expectations
- Planning and race selection
- Balancing power with pace and course
- How do you comeback from burnout?
- Check out our new Hub Experience/Condo Combo package deal for only $475. Limited time offer! Book directly with C26operations@gmail.com
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org