Are you racing smart or chasing your ego? Early season races bring all the elements and today we talk about how to handle them along with when smart overcomes fast, which is often. Tri-Calc and predicting your race times can have an adverse affect on your performance. Unrealistic goals and not paying attention to the conditions can distort in-race decision making and ruin a race. Lots of St. George talk and being your best in all race conditions. Also, check out our newly offered Ironman Chattanooga Training weekend.
- Ironman Chattanooga Training Weekend - Click here for details
- St. George
- “What if” IMTX?
- Dealing with wild weather
- Body adapting to weather early in season
- Chattanooga races bookend the change of seasons
- Racing in the rain
- Temperature Sweet Spot Range
- Body working harder to cool AND to heat up
- Dew point, heat index, and how you adapt
- Tri-Calc Dangers
- Comparing your results to the field
- How you can ruin your race day
- Confidence in your body of work?
- In-Race adjustments
- Being Smart vs. Fast
- How smart can you be on Race Day?
- Hold Back from the get go
- Fast thoughts and anxiety
- Triathlete Rigidity
- Chasing your ego
- Going on feel/Effort
- When Plan B becomes Plan A
- What does success look like to you?
- When time is irrelevant
- Races are won at the end
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com