Today we look at all that is the Texas 70.3 race course. The open water swim and how to handle the currents. Why your transitions will likely be slower than normal. The usually windy bike Course and how to adjust effort and power with and against the wind. How fueling could change on the bike. The run Course is super spectator friendly, but has a ton of turns. We’ll look at how to approach the 3 loops, plus explain why staying Cool is the name of the game. Smile. Have fun. Good luck if you’re racing!
- We have a National Champion
- Analogy of Baylor Basketball with Ironman
- Texas Pre-Race Travel
- Texas and Florida open
- Flat course myths
- You never know what you’re gonna get at TX
- It will likely feel HOT
- Saltwater/Wetsuit Swim
- How to Jump off the Pier
- Early morning current
- Swimming with and against current
- Pre-Race anxiety
- WARM UP before Swim
- T1 thoughts
- Biking with and against a tailwind
- Adjusting power
- Straight shot out and back
- How to fuel differently with a lot of wind
- Watch riders in front of you for clues
- T2 Thoughts
- Coffee Review - Milwaukee Rockstar
- Run Course is like a miniature golf course
- Very Spectator friendly run
- Sharp turns
- Slowing down to turn and keeping momentum
- Staying COOL is the name of the game
- Does Coach Robbie feel race pressure?
- Will we see a lot of faster times with this layoff?
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com