Last week we said, “this isn’t rocket science,” and today we take it further with talk about how you should train to be resilient, smart, and strong. We talk about athletes who “out-think” the competition. We get into the psychology of “letting someone go” on the race course. How your body should lead the way in training. Fatigue masks your actual fitness. A simple overall race strategy that will set you up for success. The purpose of “bricks” and a reaction coming out of T2 that shows us you’re set up for a solid finish.
- Chattanooga is hopping
- Bell Biv Devoe
- Outsmarting the competition
- Ultimate control and confidence
- Hot out of the gate
- Excited and taking chances
- When you want to be predictable
- The purpose of bricks
- Your range of of race projections
- The goal is Total Time
- Rolling starts kind of blow
- The patience to “let someone go”
- The temptation is to goooooo
- I KNOW I can hold this
- The fear of sticking with a pace
- Accepting how you feel
- Self-love and acceptance when training
- “Trying” to make yourself feel better
- Energy expenditure starts when you hit the water
- Resilient, smart, and strong
- Fatigue masks fitness
- VO2 Max and long races
- Practice making race decisions
- Coaches aren’t dictators - you race alone
- The best reaction you can make out of T2
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org