Triathlon can seem like a recipe for aches and pains, but is it the sport or something else you’re doing? Today, we look at active healing and moving therapy. We also look at why your metrics may be holding you back and look at the powerful logic of racing without your watch. There’s nothing better than “controlling” your race and being one with the energy. Fatigue, volume, pain, living on the edge of injury and racing free. It’s all here.
- Race Tracking is back!!
- Emoji Etiquette
- Being on the edge of injury
- Are we ever 100%?
- IT Band Syndrome
- The mystery of shoulder pain
- Movement therapy
- When a week off feels like forever
- Shit catches up with us . . .
- Work your way backwards to figure out the real problem
- How did I get into this situation?
- Active recovery, healing and the taper analogy
- Run warm up . . .
- “I didn’t feel good at first”
- The first 2-400 meters of the swim
- Running off the bike
- Reminding yourself what racing feels like
- No bike computer in your race?
- Racing without a watch…
- Controlling your race
- Too many metrics?
- Your watch is like a backseat driver
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com