GREAT QUESTIONS today from our closed Facebook Group. We talk favorite coaches and coaching philosophy. We also go extensively on RPE (Rate of perceived exertion) and why it may be the key to being your best. We look at when it’s best to train solo or with a group. Should you work on getting better at FTP testing? Also, what about the mental side of dealing with injuries or when you should empty the tank in training? And finally, a reaction to the message from Ironman’s Andrew Messick on the state of upcoming races.
- Which coaches (from all sports) do you and Mike draw the most inspiration & insight from and why?
- Opinions on training with RPE?? Using HR and or power as a secondary indicator of how hard u r working.
- Thoughts on the FTP builder workouts in Zwift?
- From where you guys are, is there any correlation between successful athletes and whether they tend to do most of their training by themselves or with other people?
- Exploring “Emptying the tank’
- Dealing with the mental side of injury.
- Thoughts on Ironman delaying race cancellations and pushing so many races into the fall? Athletes want to race, but does Ironman’s refund policy (i.e., they don’t) mean we stop signing up until races are more certain to happen?
Other Topics Spawned from Athlete Questions:
- Learning through analogy
- Why GPS is like a weather forecast
- Who cares if you blow up?
- Feel better? Wait two more days
- You can’t un-postpone a race
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com