Triathlon can beat up the body, but some train without chronic aches, pains, and stress. Today, we look at some of the reasons and how you can have a healthier training lifestyle. We talk about the concepts of: carrying mental weight, obsessing over niggles, and why gadgets could be part of your problem. Rarely is the problem THEE problem. Don't continually search for answers when they are right under your nose.
- Back to baseline
- Runner’s Shoulder
- Constant, chronic, pain
- North/South movement of triathlon
- Injury free long term training
- Why do we get aches, pains, strains?
- Stress and its impact on injuries
- Carrying physical AND mental weight
- The simplest answer is usually best
- Cortisol levels
- Bad workout followed by great workout?
- Back tracking to figure out the problem
- Using people energy
- Medication effect
- When we don’t eat enough
- Do you blame your race on the run?
- Too much focus = obsession
- Constantly searching for answers
- Why do we want complex solutions?
- Infatuated with NEW
- Time off? Or do we press through it?
- Obsessing on pain
- Links in a chain for our bodies
- We tend to look for solutions we WANT
- Does Mike have Gadget Addiction?
- Rarely is the problem THEE problem
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org