We all want to see progress, but what about progress within the mastery of where you are? But there’s more to improvement than simply going faster. What about the workout that becomes “easy” to you? It’s not as glamorous, but that is real progress. Once we master where we are, we’re much better suited to climb up the next rung of the ladder. We look at appropriately challenging workouts, recovery days, moving workouts in your schedule, and how things all stack together to make you stronger and faster in the long run.
- Past - Present - Future
- Go big or go home???
- Mental and Emotional Stress vs. Physical Stress
- When workouts turn into mental stress
- How training compares to cooking
- It’s a Day To Day thing
- Why boring workouts are exciting
- Keeping your tank topped off
- Chores, responsibilities, have-to’s
- Workouts in daily life, moving, yard work, etc.
- When should or shouldn’t you MOVE WORKOUTS
- Consistency IS Momentum
- The perils of rigid training
- Why you should get outside more
- True recognition of recovery weeks
- Turning One Rest Day into Two
- Same workouts week after week
- Why a 3 week build is really only two weeks
- The right time of the day to workout
- When expectations get too high
- Is Mike turning into a gadget guy???
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org