Instead of asking why, start saying Why Not? Today we explore the power of moving forward without fear and how that clears the deck for each day. What if there were no New Years and days just kept counting up? We get into the mental aspects of training and the excitement that racing brings and how much we miss it. Robbie talks about being a parent. Mike remembers losing his father one year ago today and how it stripped away many fears. It’s been a tough year, but “what matters most is how well you walk through the fire.”*
Don’t forget to check out the Club Program where we take care of planning your entire training schedule around your 2021 races. Also, Mike is accepting athletes for full time coaching, learn more about both at C26Triathlon.com
- A Day is a Day
- The official decision on if we’ll add sponsors in 2021 . . .
- A little layer of numb and the patience lesson
- Stoic or reality?
- Would New Years be so exciting if Christmas was in June?
- What if there were no years, only days that keep counting?
- Finding excitement and/or optimism on THIS day
- Find a way . . . businesses, restaurants, you and adaptability
- Once again, the obstacle is the way
- The 2020 “theme” for our athletes
- Sitting still gets too comfortable
- When sitting on the beach sucks
- Being trapped by the media
- When you manipulate our own truth
- The illusion of intimidation
- What matters most is how well you walk through the fire
- Most people have no clue what you do
- Dancing through life
- Oh how we miss the excitement of Ironman and races
- Putting the scale of the year into context
- A simple 2 or 3 week training block
- When we look back for our “best day of the year”
- Putting extra pressure on ourselves
- Building confidence, unloading fear
- Create your own world
- Is pressure really pressure?
- Difficult situations as a parent
- Hayden the blue collar worker
- One of the most not talked about things in life
- Mike and Robbie’s brief stints as psychology majors
- Centering your goals around navigating life
- Aiming at your effort
- Instead of just remember the great and bad days, start focusing on the ones that make up our lives.
- Mike talks about losing his father one year ago today and how that stripped some of his fears but also built some frustration with the events of 2020
*Quote by Charles Bukowski that hangs on the wall of the C26 Hub
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com