Do you have the patience to be ready when you need to be ready? This is a daily thought process. Today, we look at the best way use short term focus for long term gains. Why running race pace in training is overrated. Being at “your best” now looks a lot different than your best next August, September. Knowing you have it but resisting the urge to prove it. Short term focus on long term gain. Recognizing “glimpses” of next level improvements.
- Don’t forget to check out the C26 Club. Let us plan your 2021 Race Season!
- The C26 “Ten Days of Christmas”
- Recognizing “when you’re ready”
- December: The supreme version of “I’ll just wait till Monday”
- Getting Ready for the year
- Knowing when you can let it rip a little bit
- Being lazy in general and in workouts
- The difference between exercising and training.
- How structure can wear us out
- No watch or structure until Jan 1?
- The power of getting unfit
- Do you need to always show progress?
- Short term focus on long term gains
- Feeling the need to “prove something” to yourself
- When we feel the need to “keep this level of fitness”
- We need some time to not give a sh*t
- All rolling trains take breaks
- The internal pressure to “reinvent the wheel”
- How to contain itches to show your fitness
- Stimulation through flirtation
- Talking yourself out of bad decisions
- Today is about tomorrow, and on and on
- Managing your restraint
- Why running race pace in training is overrated
- Understanding fatigue and how it works through taper
- How do you build the confidence to trust that you can go faster and further when you need to?
- A big breakdown of how 3 sport fatigue impacts our training pace
- Understanding that running slow means running easy
- Understanding the potential of your “top end”
- Knowing you have it but resisting the urge to prove it
- Accumulated fatigue won’t let you
- Clearing the path through getting fresh
- Months and months of work
- Recognizing GLIMPSES of next level improvement.
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org