Please support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon and help us grow!
Matt Fitzgerald has written nearly 30 books about fitness and nutrition for endurance athletes. He's currently in the middle of running 8 marathons in 8 weeks to fuel his new book "Life is a Marathon." He's the author of "The Endurance Diet," "Iron War," "80/20 Running," "Racing Weight" and one of our favorites, "50/50" about Dean Karnazes' amazing feat of 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days. He talks about all of that and so much more, including:
- How does Matt feel about paleo, low-carb, vegan diets, bullet proof coffee?
- What diet you SHOULD follow for the best success
- Why he’s in the middle of 8 marathons in 8 weeks
- Boston Marathon
- What drives him as a nutrition and endurance writer
- The way to successful Recovery
- What it’s like working with Dean Karnazes and the Iron Cowboy
- Is there pressure being a “nutritional expert?”
- What part does the mind play on new diets?
- The safest and most effective way for endurance athletes to eat
- How important are foam rollers and ice baths?
- Exploring his upcoming book “Life is a Marathon” and why it’s so important to him.
- Why he used to think of himself as a coward
- How Bi-Polar disorder has touched his life in a major way
- Running and Depression
- Running to connect with others if you’re an introvert
- The Charles Bukowski connection
- How he got his start as a comedic poet
Learn more about Matt by following "Life is a Marathon" on Facebook
Matt on Twitter:
His Website is www.mattfitzgerald.org
Please subscribe and comment on iTunes
Email questions: CrushingIron@gmail.com