Please support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon and help us grow!
If you're looking for passion about triathlon, look no further than Stephen Del Monte, Race Director for Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City and several others events on the south Jersey Shore. He's all about customer service and goes out of his way to make sure every athlete succeeds. He has tons of videos where he personally guides you how to sight the swims and what to watch for as potential problems on the bike and run. He's a great storyteller and explains how he went from a teacher to a race announcer to a race director, along with:
- The secrets to producing a great race
- The one thing that pisses off triathletes most
- He addresses the Ironman critics and explains why WTC is the best event company in the world
- He explains how the Ironman relationship works with local race directors
- Why many triathletes are intimidated by Ironman Branded Races and why they shouldn’t be
- What he thinks is the best Half
- The ONE THING Race Directors cannot get away with
- Your number one concern as an athlete entering any race.
- Why Ironman gets so many volunteers
- How he deals with weather cancellations and shortened courses
- How Ironman is putting pressure on grass roots races and why that’s a good thing
Please subscribe and comment on iTunes
Email your questions to: CrushingIron@gmail.com