Nobody knows it all, but there are definitely warning signs that your training is on a slippery slope. Are you overly fatigued? Stressed? Feeling defeated? Not loving triathlon? So many times we get conflicted about what's really going on here . . . we are doing triathlon for two reasons: to have fun . . .and get better. We actually PAY to do this . . . and should never hate or regret what we're doing. But these things happen ALL THE TIME. Today we explore why we get on the wrong side of the sport and offer many thoughts and solutions for how to change your approach and find the joy you're seeking.
We also talk about over-training and how it is easily the biggest blood-suck for your enjoyment of the sport. We talk about ways to beat the blahs in peak training along with how to visualize your race during the taper. Patience, execution, and belief.
- The biggest mistakes coach's make
- The perfect analogy for approaching your Ironman race
- How much should you run before an Ironman??
- Ways to break out of your training funk
- What to be thinking abut during your taper
- The 18 mile wall: Truth or Myth
- Running above your shoulders
- Mountain Biking, Dog Walking, and Roller Blades to the rescue
- Will Mike and Robbie do Otillo??
If you like the Crushing Iron podcast, you can support us here. Thanks for listening!
Please subscribe to Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com