How do you REALLY get faster at running in triathlon. Today, we go through all the smart, small, and important steps. As we know, Ironman is usually more about who slows down the least than who is fastest. How do you get there? Where do you start? It’s really pretty simple, but that doesn’t make it easy. Find out the rule of thumb for your long runs and why it’s so important to run in a way that leaves you wanting more.
- The past is the future
- Running is pure
- Marginal gains vs. diminishing returns
- Cutting corners the wrong way
- 3 times a week??
- You need to run often
- Rule of Thumb for your long runs
- How to beat yourself into the ground
- Progression - Now is your chance
- Running is the most demanding
- Heavy impact - being careful
- Energized vs. Wiped
- Where do you start?
- No need to run over Zone 3 in IM training??
- Do you have the engine for speed work?
- Big engines in Miattas
- How little you slow down
- 5ks and Ironman Marathons
- Accumulated Fatigue
- The biggest recipe for disaster
- Hill work
- No such thing as running too easy??
- Keeping up with the Joneses
- Burning Fat
- Building strength
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is still open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your next year of planning, recovering, taper, etc. The Club membership is good for 12 months from sign up. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com