While this one is mainly about swimming and getting faster in the water, there are a lot of things that transfer into training for bike and run. We talk about understanding how to improve in the swim, how to descend intervals by effort and engaging the full stroke. We also get into where your power zone is and how it translates to the bike and how you can create more time to breathe. Find your gears in the water.
- Are you “at home” in the pool?
- Are you wasting ability?
- Swim goals
- Understanding HOW to get better and faster
- Testing as the method?
- Recognizing when you’re in good shape
- Testing is like racing
- When you don’t have Zone 4 or Zone 5
- Swimming intervals
- How to descend swim intervals by effort
- Slow - Fast - Nothing in between
- Finding multiple gears in the water
- Engaging the full stroke
- Inches matter
- Negative splitting intervals AND sets
- Creating more time to breathe
- The power Zone in swimming
- Swim and pedal stroke similarities
- Full Swim stroke
- The key is momentum
- Early vertical forearm
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is still open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your next year of planning, recovering, taper, etc. The Club membership is good for 12 months from sign up. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org