This is all about being ready for, and handling, those tough moments in your race. Also, what to, and what not to buy before a race.There’s a difference between bad workouts and digging a hole, but how do you deal with a tough day in training? Why does it happen? How can you use it to your advantage? Don’t let your mindset tell you today sucks way too early. We get into making your race “more comfortable,” the smart last minute decisions, and last minute race purchases.
- It’s cooling down and heating up
- Wisconsin weather
- Chattanooga forecast
- It’s the busiest time of the year
- Hair cut talk
- Race simulation weekends
- Bad workouts vs. Digging a hole
- Don’t let your mindset tell you today sucks
- Raising expectations on race day
- Swimming as a guide to fatigue
- Bad workouts are just part of it
- Last minute race purchases
- Fine tuning fueling
- Bike fits
- Make your race “easier” by adding comfort
- Don’t buy speed
- Spend money on less stress
- Invest in comfort
- Buying things to make up for lack of training/fitness
- None of it matters until the last half of the run
- Practice not quitting
- You never know what the day is going to bring
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is still open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your next year of planning, recovering, taper, etc. The Club membership is good for 12 months from sign up. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org