Training doesn’t have to (and shouldn’t) leave you feeling demolished. Do you see glimpses of success? Then you’re on the right track. We want to break down just enough to recover and come back, not sit in the shop. A deeper look at how accumulating volume prepares you for the race and why you don’t have to put in massive bricks and training rides just to prove you can “do it.” We look at smart cycling and gearing, along with running the run and how to pace, hold back, and have something left at the end.
- Slow to warm up
- “Worst Ride of My Life” comments
- Colins Cup
- Road bike vs. Tri Bike
- It’s not equipment, it’s the motor
- Bike on a bike that’s comfortable
- The most un-aero-dymanic thing on your bike
- Swimming and body position
- Smart trainer
- Bike Gearing
- Start small withe the basics
- It’s how you USE Equipment
- How to attack an Ironman run
- Do you trust that you’ll be fresh on race day?
- Accumulating volume
- Weekend Warriors
- Going to the Bank every day
- Training paycheck to paycheck
- It’s not a swim, a bike and a run, it’s total time
- Just look for glimpses of success in training
- Dial in your life
- Look at the body of work, not the Red workout
- Race with the horse you trained on
- Building confidence
- Give your body a Fender Bender
- When and how to pull back in a race
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is still open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your next year of planning, recovering, taper, etc. The Club membership is good for 12 months from sign up. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org