We know it’s hot. Are you hydrating enough to take off the sun’s edge? Today, it’s all about how understanding your body, effort and feel make you train (and race) better. We get into obsession with miles per hour, what it really means to be resilient, and how to no be soft in your training.
We look at time vs. mileage, the ego, and how to learn from bad workouts. Also, micro blocks, hidden blocks, and why you need to let your body wake up.
- Heat and bad decisions
- Panic time?
- When you think you’re too far behind
- Is it hotter are are we softer?
- Learning resilience
- Simplifying your training
- Modern escapism
- Why MPH is overrated in training
- Garmins in open water
- Doing workouts by effort
- Why you need a short memory in this sport
- Empty expectations from the ego
- Learning from bad workouts
- One session does not make a great workout
- What happened the week before?
- Hidden 5 day blocks
- When you don’t believe the numbers
- Your legs take time to come around
- Let your body wake up
- Own the course and your mind
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com